As we’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, email is a great addition to a customer support strategy. However, like all customer service channels, it needs to be handled the correct way. There are some things you just shouldn’t do when it comes to email support.
1. Respond in a timely fashion. It’s important to respond at the right time. What do we mean by this? If you respond in a hurry, you could end up sending the wrong information over or your email could be missing essential details. Your response might even have spelling or grammatical errors.
You need to respond with care. Think carefully about what you’ll say before you hit send. Make sure that your response is accurate and doesn’t have the wrong tone (read it over being sending it). Don’t let the email sit too long. Customers expect a fast response.
2. Avoid relying on visuals for the essential details. The person you’re emailing may not actually see the image you’re trying to send. The email provider may not automatically show it. So, it’s important that those essential details be spelled out in the email. You could provide a link or attachment, but make note that there should be an attachment in the email. That way, if the customer doesn’t see it, they can follow up and ask you about it.
3. Avoid saying things you don’t want repeated. Make sure that when you email, you only say things you’d be comfortable with everyone hearing you say. You want the brand to be represented with excellence at all times.
4. Avoid using all caps or a lot of exclamation points. Both of these practices can come off as too excitable. In fact, all caps will make it seem like you’re yelling over the email.
5. Avoid unclear subject lines. Your subject line should clearly state what the email is about. In fact, the entire email needs to be written clearly. Don’t make any assumptions. The email should be easy to read and understand.
6. Avoid skipping your greeting or closing lines. It’s important to start your email with a greeting such as “Hello, Hi or Greetings” followed by their name. You also need to close out every email with something like “Thank you, Sincerely or Best,” followed by your name.
These tips can help you ensure that your email communications are professional. If you’d like help with your customer service, please reach out to us at Zedd Customer Solutions. Our agents are experts in providing superior service!